|Job Title: ||Primary Health Care Clinic Nurse (RN)|
|Work Site: ||Raven Song Community Health Centre|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As Soon As Possible|
|Salary: ||$33.56 - $44.06 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830-1630/0930-1630/0930-1730/0930-1800/1030-1830/1245-2045 with rotating days off |
Working within the context of client and family centred care model and primary health care, a population health approach, and within the established vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health and in accordance with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) Standards of Practice, provides primary health care services, including clinical nursing, health promotion and prevention, in inter-disciplinary clinic settings to clients of all ages who meet the mandate for service within the Primary Health Care Clinic. Consults, confers and collaborates with interdisciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers in the coordination of health services for clients and in the achievement of excellence in client centered care and education.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Two years experience that includes that includes recent community health and clinic nursing; experience working with clients of all ages including antepartum and postpartum women, infants, children and youth or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Ability to speak a second language may be required and will be noted on the posting if required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of community health nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia Standards for Nursing Practice.
- Working knowledge of normal growth and development, family theory, multicultural health issues and practices, principles of health education/promotion, and determinants of health and community development practices.
- Working knowledge of maternal/infant/early childhood and family health and communicable disease control including sexually transmitted diseases.
- Working knowledge of immunization protocols.
- Working knowledge of facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution techniques and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide community health and clinical nursing strategies to a variety of client groups in multiple settings.
- Comprehensive knowledge of community resources available for client/family support and related health services.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, and outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to clinic nursing.
- Demonstrated ability to critically read and utilize current health research in evidence based practice.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.