|Job Title: ||Research Coordinator - VCH Research Institute (VCHRI)|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Health Services|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - until 2021|
Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI)
The Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI) is committed to supporting clinical research excellence by providing its research community with guidance, advice, and oversight of clinical trials and patient-based research.
Learn more about us at www.vchri.ca
Reporting to the Research Facilitator for Richmond & Coastal, Richmond Community of Care & VCH Research Institute (VCHRI) for day-to-day operations, the Research Coordinator will provide operational support to VCH-Richmond staff engaged in relevant health services/point-of-care research within the health authority.
The focus of the Research Coordinator is to provide operational support to researchers in the Richmond Community of Care.
In this role, the Research Coordinator:
- Coordinates and administers research study associated activities from project planning to delivery, including assisting in ethics and operational approvals;
- Recruits and coordinates research participants, as appropriate, and serves as principle administrative liaison for numerous projects;
- Additional responsibilities include data preparation, assistance with statistical analysis and result presentation and administrative support such as coordinating research meetings, planning agendas and recording meeting minutes; and,
- Conducts literature reviews and assists with research dissemination and knowledge translation as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences or related discipline, plus at least two (2) years’ recent, related experience in research environment.
- Familiarity with research planning and approval process is essential.
- Note - the successful candidate will be required to complete the Tri-council Policy Statement on Ethical Research involving Humans (TCPS2 2014) upon hiring.
- Familiarity with clinical, administrative, and/or research environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research ethics including research confidentiality and privacy.
- Demonstrated exceptional program coordination and volunteer management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work effectively, and support project management activities.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret information from scientific literature.
- Familiarity with data storage and analysis systems such as SPSS, RedCap, NVIVO is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methodology including qualitative, quantitative, and statistical methods is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines.
- Computer competency including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) at an intermediate level.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 105993-tbo.
- The duration of this temporary position is until approximately July 2021.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
*** VCH Employees must apply via the internal application process using the above noted posting number. Go to internal job postings to apply as an Internal Applicant. VCH employees who apply to this posting will be considered external candidates and seniority will not apply.***