|Job Title: ||Mental Health Clinician (Older Adult) - Cantonese/Mandarin|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Mental Health Services|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time - Baseline-With End Date (0.58 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$33.01 - $41.16 per hour|
Within the context of a client and family centered care model, in accordance with established standards of professional practice, and vision and values of the organization, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary/interdisciplinary Older Adult community mental health & addiction care team to provide treatment and case management.
In this role, you will:
- Provide services that are inclusionary and flexible for individuals with mental illness (primarily dementia) and concurrent disorders (i.e. addictions) in Cantonese and Mandarin;
- Establish and maintain relationships with and consult with clients, their families and colleagues to provide appropriate treatment services based on best practices and client need;
- Perform key duties such as, intake, mental health assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, consultation, and individual counseling and group therapy to facilitate and coordinate client access to services;
As part of a multi-disciplinary team providing quality care based on specialized theory/practice, collaborative services will be provided to continuing care facilities, community agencies, hospitals, and other service providers. These services are provided primarily on an outreach basis.
This position will act as a designated responder, and under the provisions of the Adult Guardianship Act investigate and evaluate reports of abuse and/or neglect
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education or Behavioural Sciences and three (3) years’ recent related experience providing treatment services to older adult clients with mental illness and dementia or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of designated client population.
- Broad knowledge of age related illnesses such as dementia.
- Broad knowledge of bio-psycho-social issues that may occur in response to aging, changing mental health status, or problematic substance use.
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects).
- Broad knowledge of psychotherapeutic and counseling skills.
- Broad knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Broad knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to client.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct assessments, and provide treatment planning and crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of theory and practice to a case management process.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in Cantonese and Mandarin
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a collaborative approach to problem solving within a multi/interdisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multi/interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem solve and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation, leadership and work direction.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.