|Job Title: ||Nurse Clinician / CRN - Trauma Services|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$39.91 - $48.92 per hour|
|Hours: ||0800-1600 Monday to Friday|
Provides leadership and applies specialized theory and knowledge relating to designated/specific patient/client populations to promote the delivery of safe, ethical and quality care. Acts as a clinical resource by providing consultation and clinical support to the interdisciplinary care team, other professionals and students. Promotes excellence in patient/client centered care, education and research. Participates in direct patient/client and family care, when required.
Practices in accordance with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) standards (professional & practice) and code of ethics. Practices within the scope of practice as set by the organization, as per VCH policies and guidelines/clinical practice documents and within own competence. This practice is aligned with the vision, mission, goals and values of the organization as well as with the concept of the client and family centered care model.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Completion of a post basic Emergency Nursing Specialty Certificate or Critical Care Specialty Nursing Certificate program.
- Three (3) years' recent, related experience in Emergency/Critical Care/Trauma Nursing required.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle for local area travel is required.
- Current certification in TNCC, EPICC Trauma, CPR required.
- CTAS and ACLS certification optional.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient/client care.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally on a one to one and group setting.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and support staff through transition.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the assessment and treatment of specialized patient/client population utilizing best available evidence informed practice.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver educational programs and materials for staff/patients/clients and families based on educations theories, principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a supportive and creative learning environment.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system as well as applicable wordprocessing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.