|Job Title: ||Clerical Support Clerk, Integrated Care Team/DTES|
|Work Site: ||Heatley Community Health Centre|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$18.53 - $20.46 per hour|
|Hours: ||0800-1600 / 0900-1700 / 1230-2030 Monday to Friday|
Works across multiple sites/clinics/services carrying out a variety of customer service, transcription, client bookings (referrals, screening, registration), reception and clerical support functions to support Integrated Care Teams and/or Community Care Services. Works in collaboration with the Integrated Care Teams, Community Care Services and the Fee for Service GP Partnerships and the framework of the concept of the client and family care model and the DTES 2nd generation strategy as well as the established vision and values of the organization.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12.
- Office Administration Certificate.
- Medical Terminology.
- One year recent related experience working with individuals with primary care, mental health or substance use health concerns or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Knowledge of community, social and mental health resources in the DTES.
- Knowledge and experience in providing culturally competent support services specifically pertaining to aboriginal people.
- Knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- Knowledge of appropriate Mental Health Act, Adult Guardianship, Public Health Act as it relates to the rights and obligations of clients and staff.
- Ability to identify emotional, social, or environmental barriers and intervene to eliminate stigma.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with clients, families, team members, other groups and community agency personnel.
- Working knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability to operate a multi-line switchboard/phone system.
- Ability to keyboard 6,000 keystrokes per hour.
- Business writing skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate action.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain satisfactory work relationships with clients and staff.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with coworkers, clients and staff from other agencies.
- Demonstrated skill in using a variety of EMR systems, office equipment and computer software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and solve software related problems.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. The Internal competition closes May 23, 2018. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.