|Job Title: ||Clinical Educator (Interprofessional)|
|Work Site: ||South Community Health Centre|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time (1.00 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As Soon As Possible- February 2019|
|Salary: ||$39.91 - $48.92 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830-1630 Monday-Friday|
Works within a client and family model of care with acute, chronic and palliative populations within the community and within the context of the vision and values of the organization. The Clinical Educator practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) and standards of professional practice.
The Clinical Educator leads and assesses current and future clinical education needs of interprofessional staff based on the population served. Provides or arranges for clinical education services including individual and group learning assessments, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating clinical education programs and resources using specialized theory and knowledge as well as teaching and learning principles and processes. Consults, confers, and collaborates with program and team members as well as other educators, and leaders at educational institutions in promotion of continuous quality improvement, resolution of clinical education issues, and coordination of activities required for progressive educational and clinical practice programs. Collaborates with clinical practice leads to coordinate interdisciplinary staff education that support a collaborative practice model within the designated area. Takes corrective action with respect to individual and group learning needs and ensures mechanisms are in place to support interprofessional staff in continuous development.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses’ of BC (CRNBC).
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing and three (3) years’ recent, related experience relevant to the designated clinical area, including one (1) year’s recent, related teaching experience and/or group facilitation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Successful completion of two (2) levels of the Vancouver Coastal Health Educator Pathway Program or Provincial Instructor’s Diploma or equivalency.
- Valid BC Driver’s License as local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of adult education principles and practice within a client/family centred care model.
- Knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners established by the relevant College.
- Knowledge of the Community Health Nurse of Canada (CHNC) competencies and standards of practice.
- Knowledge of provincial acts, regulations, and program policies and guidelines related to home and community care.
- Knowledge of clinical practice standards and theoretical educational frameworks and their role in client care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical practice related to care management and interventions and care of the designated client populations.
- Basic knowledge of nursing standardised tests and measures.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated client populations.
- Knowledge of acute, chronic disease, palliative and health management and self-management support.
- Knowledge of community resources available for client/family support and related health services.
- Knowledge of other health care professions and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and standards of care across the continuums.
- Knowledge of research, quality improvement, evaluation process and methodologies.
- Knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to assess learning needs and apply appropriate methodologies based on individual learning styles.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate and lead.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking in facilitation of learning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop educational programs and material.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication within an interprofessional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member, leader and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Lean Management principles and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a creative learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution and reconciliation approaches and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to promote staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of policies or other protocols and ongoing professional development of self.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, trust and ethical relationships with other health care professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, schedule and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of equipment and in the techniques appropriate to nursing treatment.
- Ability to operate related equipment including current and relevant computer applications.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.