|Job Title: ||Mental Health & Addiction Clinician - Child and Youth|
|Work Site: ||Mental Health - Child & Adolescent Program (Ages 6-12) - Richmond, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as Possible|
|Salary: ||$33.01 - $41.16 per hour|
|Hours: ||Mon, Wed, Fri 0930-1730 / Tues 0900-1700 / Thurs 1100-1900|
As a Mental Health and Addiction Clinician, you will work as part of a multi/interdisciplinary community mental health & addiction care team to provide inclusionary and flexible treatment and case management services for individuals with mental illness and concurrent disorders to meet the needs of the client and to provide integration and continuity across the care continuum.
In this role, you will:
- Work within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, and vision and values of the organization;
- Establish and maintain relationships with and consult with clients, their families and colleagues to provide appropriate treatment services based on best practices and client need;
- Perform key duties such as, intake, mental health assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, consultation, and individual counseling and group therapy to facilitate and coordinate client access to services; and,
- Support multi/interdisciplinary team to provide quality client care by providing information based on specialized theory/practice and/or participating in direct client and family as appropriate.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education or Behavioural Sciences and three (3) years’ recent related experience working with the designated client population, providing treatment services to individuals with mental health issues or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of mental illness and treatment.
- Broad knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects).
- Broad knowledge of psychotherapeutic and counseling skills.
- Broad knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Broad knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to client.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct assessments, and provide treatment planning and crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of theory and practice to a case management process.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multi/interdisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multi/interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem solve and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation, leadership and work direction.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.