|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist 2 - Seniors Fall Prevention Program|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Community Support Services|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time - 0.4 FTE|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$33.77 - $42.13 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830 - 1645|
Working within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with the CPTBC and CPA standards of practice and the vision, values and policies of the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, the Physiotherapist works without general supervision and provides a range of consultation, education and therapeutic interventions and collaborates with interdisciplinary team members, other health care providers and community partners in a variety of community settings to reduce the incidence and severity of falls in the community dwelling older adult population.
Education & Experience:
- Graduation from a university or an approved school with a degree or diploma in Rehabilitation Medicine or Physiotherapy and two to three years recent related experience
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- Valid B.C. driver’s license. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of physiotherapy in community settings.
- Working knowledge of the determinants of health and health promotion principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of community health agencies and available community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, problem solve and facilitate resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, evaluate and modify rehabilitation services
- Demonstrated ability to prescribe and/or recommend a variety of self-help aids and rehabilitation equipment.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting relevant assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use a range of PT assessment tools.
- Demonstrated ability to plan/deliver/evaluate health education for individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.