|Job Title: ||Clinical Psychologist|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital - Womens Clinic - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.20 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$42.86 - $53.44 per hour|
|Hours: ||Wednesdays: 0800-1600|
Within the context of a client and family-centred recovery model and in accordance with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia established standards of professional practice and the vision and values of the organization, position is in charge of psychological services provided to a section of the facility/program for the designated scope of practice area.
Working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team, completes psychological assessments, provides psychological treatment, evaluates the effectiveness and appropriateness of treatment and facilitates education of clients. Maintains client records including the documentation of client diagnosis and most effective form of treatment and prepares progress notes and psychological reports. Liaises with external agencies and establishes and maintains effective working relationships with stakeholders. Attends clinical/case conferences. Provides formal and informal consultations, participates in quality improvement and risk management activities, provides clinical teaching and supervision to Psychology Residents and students and conducts and participates in research.
Education & Experience
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from a recognized university.
- Two (2) years recent related experience in therapeutic, diagnostic and consultation services in the designated scope of practice areas of mental health & addiction services such as experience working with individuals with mental health issues, substance misuse, anxiety and mood disorders and post traumatic stress disorder.
- Current registration with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia or registration with the College within one year of employment.
- Valid Class V B.C. Driver’s license and possession of a personal vehicle with business insurance coverage when required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Knowledge of psychological assessment, including semi-structured diagnostic assessment.
- Knowledge of therapeutic, diagnostic and consultation techniques.
- Knowledge of treatment, assessment and management of anxiety disorders, post traumatic stress disorder and psychological trauma.
- Knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation methodology.
- Knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects) and substance abuse and addictions issues and treatment
- Knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of evidence-based psychological practice.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, leader and facilitator.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with clients, families, team members, other groups and community agency personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and supervise.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem solve and to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.