|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist 2|
|Work Site: ||VC Three Bridges Community Health Centre|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time - Baseline (0.4 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$33.77 - $42.13 per hour|
In accordance with the established standards of professional practice of the College of Physical Therapists of BC and the vision and values of the organization and working without general supervision, you will:
- Plan, deliver, evaluate and provide care coordination to address the needs of clients and families experiencing physical impairment and acute/chronic disease within community, ambulatory and institutional settings;
- Collaborate with family members or significant others, inter-disciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to address the client’s functional/physical/social/cognitive/perceptual/environmental needs to maximize capabilities, community participation, recovery from, or adaptation to, illness/impairment and achieve excellence in health services and education; and,
- Contribute to the organization and the delivery of physiotherapy services by participating in program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research and education.
Education & Experience
- Degree in physiotherapy or rehabilitation medicine.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- As required, valid BC Driver’s License. Local travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated program/area.
- Basic knowledge of physiotherapy standardized tests and measures.
- Broad knowledge of physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skill in the use of equipment and in the techniques appropriate to physiotherapy treatment.
- Basic computer literacy.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.