|Job Title: ||Community Health Worker 2|
|Work Site: ||Home Support - North Shore|
|Status: ||Casual (0 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$20.46 - $22.38 per hour|
|Hours: ||all shifts -casual|
Within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Community Health Worker 2 works under the direction of the Supervisor/Coordinator/Manager or delegate to provide home support services to clients.
In this role, you will:
- Assist clients with the activities of daily living within varied settings to promote maximum independence;
- Observe and document client’s health condition and environment, reports significant and unsafe observations and provides support and guidance; and,
- Provide input and feedback in the care planning process, assist in meeting the nutritional and elimination needs of clients, and performs delegated tasks under the Transfer of Function guidelines for clients in specific situations for which training has been provided.
Education & Experience
- Grade 10, graduation from a recognized Home Support/Resident Care Aide program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Home management skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.