|Job Title: ||Mental Health Worker - Magnolia House|
|Work Site: ||Magnolia House - North Shore|
|Status: ||Casual |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$20.46 - $22.38 per hour|
Under the direction of the Supervisor or delegate you will assist psychiatric clients of Magnolia House with activities of daily living. You will also performs housekeeping and cleaning duties.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing assistance with activities of daily living such as time management, problem solving, food purchasing and preparation;
- Assisting the Registered Nurse in the implementation of the daily program including recreational activities, evening walks, relaxation groups and arts and crafts;
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, conducting hourly client checks, reporting concerns to Registered Nurse of any unusual or significant changes in client’s behaviour, physical condition or any verbal threats on part of client to self or others;
- Reporting concerns regarding the general safety of the client or client’s environment and any equipment malfunctions to Supervisor;
- Assisting clients in meeting their personal needs for self esteem by encouraging them to participate in decision making, offering them choices and asking them for their input. Contributing to the client’s feelings of self worth by providing the support necessary to be as independent as possible;
- Maintaining a clean, safe and homelike environment by performing housekeeping tasks such as cleaning and laundry;
- Assisting with meal preparation by setting up dining room tables, preparation of fresh vegetables and fruit salads as well as heating and serving meals;
- Ensuring household equipment and supplies are adequately stocked and stored in a safe, efficient manner; and,
- Attending staff development programs as required.9. Performs other related duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of Mental Health Care Worker Certificate.
- One year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work with others effectively
- Ability to set priorities.
- Time management and organizational abilities.
- Working knowledge of and ability to operate related equipment
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.