|Job Title: ||Business Support Analyst - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Offices - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
We're big and complex, no getting around it. This is a huge systems implementation that will change how thousands of healthcare professionals interact with people, data and processes.
We're looking for 10 new team members to help support our delivery of this vision. There are opportunities to provide expertise and support in a number of different areas, which will include:
- Surgery and Anaesthesia (pre and post)
- Maternity/ Women’s health
- Medical Imaging
- Health Information Management
- Acute Care
- Mental Health and Addiction
- Medication Management
- Order Sets
Want to know what you'll do on the job?
- Be an integral member of the team providing guidance to senior staff to determine requirements for new health informatics initiatives, including performance measurement and reporting, and program development
- Document and analyzes processes, gather requirements, performs best practice reviews, gather data to support, prioritize and align business case development and requests, and performs current state assessments and gap analysis on initiatives.
- Liaise with stakeholders to understand project structures, policies, workflows, requirements and operations to identify, model and document business, process, and data requirements
- Act as an advisor to the team(s) by assessing project risks, identifying risk mitigation strategies and opportunities and monitoring risk throughout the life cycle of the project. Recommends solutions to achieve goals and outcomes.
- Support testing, the development of implementation materials and process definition and design.
- Translate technical issues and architectural complexities in a manner that assists project stakeholders in understanding issues more clearly.
- Work with project stakeholders to test and validate requirements and analysis models by various methods such as reviews, walkthroughs, etc. as appropriate. You may assist in writing user acceptance test cases and liaise between project stakeholders and testing groups.
- Provide project management support to coordinate and monitor the project and key deliverables.
- Interact with stakeholders at all levels, receives input, and prepares reports for all levels of governance and stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Clinical Informatics or related discipline, plus a minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related experience in health care or information management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Superior analytical skills , documentation, workflows, including the ability to comprehend, analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Highly developed business writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to document work appropriately.
- Knowledge of project structures; business case development; documentation of workflows; health care setting and analytical tools.
- Demonstrable skills handling change requests, impacts, and tracking tasks, actions, risks, issues and impacts.
- Resourceful; well-organized; systematic analysis; strategic thinking; critical thinking; attention to detail; leadership and management skills.
- Technical writing experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of information technology applications and outcomes achieved through new platforms
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and initiative, deal with frequent changes; make decisions for a wide variety of complex business matters.
- Demonstrated ability to use database, spreadsheet and word processing software at an advanced level.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 103586-ale .
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.