|Job Title: ||Social Worker 2 (Case Manager)|
|Work Site: ||Evergreen Community Health Centre - Home Health - Vancouver, BC|
Temporary Part Time (0.55 FTE)
Approximate end date: March 2019
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$34.08 - $42.53 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830-1630 Wednesday, Thursday, Friday|
The Social Worker 2 (Case Manager) provides case management service and clinical and consultative social work services to a select population of clients and families experiencing brittle support systems, family conflict, social functioning and mood and behaviour issues.
Duties include conducting social and psychosocial assessments, providing individual, family and group counselling services, maintaining client records, attending interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences, and providing Home and Community Care assessments. Identifies applicable community resources for clients, contributes to the effectiveness and development of community resources and planning with clients for care and support in accordance with their health needs.
Within a multidisciplinary team context, provides continuity of care across the continuum by liaising with team members, developing/evaluating care plans and coordinating, implementing clinical interventions, evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care, coordinating ongoing care and supporting transition. Consults, confers, and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work.
- Two (2) years’ recent experience in case management working with geriatric clients and adults with chronic and acute illness.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle. Valid BC Drivers License.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply case management principles.
- Broad knowledge of case management and practice within a client and family centred care model for clients with complex health care needs.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments
- Broad knowledge of systems thinking as it relates to the social work process.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize mediation, conflict resolution and counselling skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based practice related to care of clients needing supportive case management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in client care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgement in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, coach and facilitate clients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement project action plans and accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting physical, mental, psychosocial/functional environmental assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of supplies and materials utilized in the provision of community based care service.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.