|Job Title: ||Project Coordinator - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Offices - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Reporting to the Project Manager as well as other related Project Leadership, you'll provide analytical expertise in the financial and technical review, evaluation and maintenance of the project documentation, project management tools and executive reports for the group's specific project area(s), allowing for effective risk management.
In order to do this effectively, you will:
- Perform analysis on, and documentation of the project(s) to provide validation to ensure project and organization-wide and departmental objectives are met.
- Ensure that stakeholders (internal and external) maintain a supportive and mutually beneficial working relationship.
- Work in collaboration with both the project team and the end-user department(s) on capital and operational projects.
- Gather information, evaluate interdependencies and their associated risk to project(s) and the organization through interaction with external consultants and the other health authorities.
Key Accountabilities for this role include:
- Identifying and understanding key issues relating to the project(s) through review and assessment of project team documentation.
- Under guidance from the project leadership, assessing financial risks and implications associated with each project area separately and as a collective and, when necessary, carrying out due diligence assessments and reporting findings to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Conducting data analysis by utilizing a variety of data manipulation and management techniques and conducting statistical and financial analysis by compiling information, analyzing and interpreting the data and reporting on the findings.
- Depending on the size and scope of the respective project(s), may manage one or two Project Administrators.
- Responding to ad hoc requests for information and analysis by researching and gathering information required, manipulating database fields, preparing spreadsheets, tables, charts, graphs, reports and presentations as required to summarize information.
- Providing administrative support for the respective project areas and their key stakeholders as required, including meeting coordination, timekeeping, budget reporting and facility move coordination
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or in a field related to the specific project(s), supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years’ recent, related financial analysis and planning experience in a large, complex service organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in three distinct areas must be exhibited:
- financial analysis;
- project planning/management; and
- technical expertise relating to the specific project(s).
- Comprehensive technical expertise, project/process management, financial analytical skills and business acumen.
- Effectively and accurately responds to the needs of stakeholders and is acutely aware of the impact of decisions and actions on the organization and various stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as facilitation skills to work effectively in a team setting and with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to identify issues, and to develop and analyze solutions to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current advanced word processing, graphics presentation, and spreadsheet computer applications to prepare reports and presentations.
- Results-oriented within a high-pressure working environment with numerous critical timelines.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 103482-ale.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.