|Job Title: ||Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - General Procedures|
|Work Site: ||Powell River Hospital - Powell River, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$30.68 - $38.24 per hour|
Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of the department across the Lower Mainland Integration (LMI) health authorities (Fraser Health Authority, Providence Health Care, Provincial Health Services Authority, and Vancouver Coastal Health). Performs abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, and small parts ultrasound examinations, observing patient safety practices. Duties include receiving and completing requisitions, entering relevant data into the diagnostic imaging information system, preparing patients for specific procedures, and conducting examinations utilizing ultrasound and Doppler techniques. Participates on committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certified or Sonography Canada Certified.
- Must be a graduate of a recognized training program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice for Diagnostic Medical Sonography procedures including abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, and small parts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the aseptic techniques.
- Broad knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with diagnostic sonographic and medical imaging equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform sonographic examinations in compliance with departmental standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.