|Job Title: ||Director, Special Projects|
|Work Site: ||Admin 601 W. Broadway|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
Reporting to a Senior Executive Team member or designate, the Director, Special Projects performs a key leadership and project management role for strategic and operational project(s) across Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). These project(s) involve large-scale reviews of practices, procedures and systems leading to the enhanced integration of services, better service delivery, improved customer satisfaction, development of new programs, and the delivery of cost-efficiencies for VCH and partner organizations. He/she provides leadership in the development and implementation of detailed project charters and plans, decision support, health planning, and the assessment of the climate for change. The Director provides direction to project resources to ensure that the project scope of work is completed on time and on budget. He/she leads others toward the achievement of project goals through effectively communicating the project vision, coordinating resources, advancing priorities, and promoting collaboration and commitment of key stakeholders. The Director supports project work groups and committees and is the key point person for achieving integration of project findings/recommendations. Key contacts are with senior leaders across VCH, as well as stakeholders at all levels to consult, negotiate and ensure commitment to project goals. Liaises with external agencies such as the Ministry of Health for planning and reporting purposes.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Masters degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or related masters degree, with more than 10 years’ recent, related experience that includes hospital budgeting, managing strategic and operational projects, and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups (including the public, senior and middle management, physicians and staff).
- Current registration with relevant professional College/Association, if applicable.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going learning and professional development.
- Fosters collaboration and effective working relationships with stakeholders that promote cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Inspires a shared vision and aligns performance goals and objectives for team and individuals to ensure match with strategy while maintaining group cohesiveness, motivation, commitment and effectiveness.
- Applies superior conflict management skills and expertise to persuade and negotiate effective resolution of issues/disputes.
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Uses sound business acumen to manage the fiscal resources of assigned projects/services in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with overall goals of the organization.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Employs excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively present information to relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Works independently and effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 103063-ale.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.