|Job Title: ||Project Manager, All Hazards Training|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital - 12th & Oak|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - Term Specific Position Until March 19, 2019|
Reporting to the Regional Infection Prevention & Control Director and the Regional Medical Director, in alignment with the philosophy and values of the Quality and Patient Safety Department, the All-Hazards Training Project Manager leads the implementation of the All Hazard Personal Protection Training Framework for health care workers across VCH as described by the BC Ministry of Health. Working with both internal and external stakeholders, the All-Hazards Training Project Manager coordinates all aspects of the project plan, ensures project deliverables are completed on time and on budget and provides leadership to the project team by communicating project goals. In collaboration with a designated project coordinator, and based on the already established Ministry of Health Ebola Virus Tasks, the All Hazards Training Project Manager establishes work priorities and develops innovative strategies for completing project deliverables, including planning, training and staff readiness for new and emerging biological, chemical and radiation hazards within VCH.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Baccalaureate in Nursing plus minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related acute care clinical nursing experience in VGH Emergency and/or ICU or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A background working with Ebola Virus health care worker training and preparedness would be an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced infection and exposure control practices.
- Demonstrated and related experience in project management, facilitation and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups would be an asset.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment, including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Demonstrated experience designing educational materials, policies, procedures.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of current best practice around selection, use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of process improvement methodologies, workflow mapping and task analysis to understand implications of exposure control practices within daily clinical operations and tasks.
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively monitor project budgets and execute project plans with stringent timelines.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- You question actions inconsistent with our values.
- You treat people with fairness and respect independent of their status or disagreement with you.
- You hire great people and expect great things from them.
- You inspire others with your thirst for excellence.
- You create an environment where people can flourish and grow.
- You seek what is best for the health system, rather than the best for yourself or your group.
Courage to Innovate:
- You challenge the status quo to improve quality and sustainability.
- You take smart risks and make tough decisions without agonizing.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 103104-tbo.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- The duration of this temporary position is until approximately March 2019.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.