|Job Title: ||Occupational Therapist 1 - Adult Mental Health|
|Work Site: ||Integrated Clinical Housing - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time - Baseline (1.00 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$32.44 - $40.45 per hour|
Working within the context of a client centered care approach and the vision/values of the Vancouver Coastal Health, the Occupational Therapist plans, develops and implements psychosocial rehabilitation assessment and intervention to clients referred to the program. Collaborates with family members / significant others, inter-disciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in health services and education.
Education, Training & Experience
- Baccalaureate in Occupational Therapy or Rehabilitation Sciences from a recognized program.
- One year satisfactory experience in a psychiatric setting working with adults, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
- An ability to speak a second language may be required.
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Considerable understanding of occupational therapy principles and techniques/ psychiatric rehabilitation principles and techniques.
- Working knowledge of community health agencies and available services. Considerable understanding of vocational/educational assessment procedures together with a comprehensive knowledge of community resources and social services.
- Demonstrated abilities in facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution techniques, and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, evaluate and modify rehabilitation programs/services and to plan/deliver and evaluate therapeutic programs.
- Demonstrated groupwork skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload and adapt to a changing caseload. Demonstrated ability to conduct functional and specialized OT assessments.
- Working knowledge of psychiatric disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to defuse difficult and complex situations.
- Proven ability to respond therapeutically to clients by telephone
- Ability to stimulate clients' interest, assess results of programs and work effectively on an individual or group basis.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability and commitment to work well with administration support and clerical staff are essential.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.