|Job Title: ||Senior Manager, Facilities Maintenance and Operations|
|Work Site: ||Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver. BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
Reporting to the Director, the Senior Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operational management and/or maintenance of designated physical plant health site(s) for Vancouver Coastal Health in a manner consistent with industry best practices ensuring a safe and reliable environment for the delivery of healthcare-related services.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field supplemented with seven (7) to ten (10) years recent, related progressive supervisory and management experience in a large, complex unionized environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of building systems, operations and maintenance practices in a complex, multi-site health care environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of appropriate legislation, relevant laws and by-laws, and provincial/national standards.
- Proven initiative, judgment, decision-making and problem-solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to take action in a crisis management environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach team members.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain rapport with staff and other stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to supervise and provide direction to staff, consultant and other contractors.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- You question actions inconsistent with our values.
- You treat people with fairness and respect independent of their status or disagreement with you.
- You hire great people and expect great things from them.
- You inspire others with your thirst for excellence.
- You create an environment where people can flourish and grow.
- You seek what is best for the health system, rather than the best for yourself or your group.
Courage to Innovate:
- You challenge the status quo to improve quality and sustainability.
- You take smart risks and make tough decisions without agonizing.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 101567-tbo.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.