|Job Title:||Decision Support Roles|
|Work Site:||VCH Decision Support Offices - West 6th Avenue|
| || |
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care, continuous improvement and outcomes. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners.
Come for the job. Stay for the team.
The Decision Support department delivers information and analytical/planning support to operational and clinical areas, including frontline leadership, the Senior Executive Team, the VCH Board and other decision makers at Vancouver Coastal Health.
Decision Support is composed of two primary functional areas:
- Data Management and Reporting
- System Improvement
Decision Support roles within Vancouver Coastal Health include:
- Junior Decision Support Advisor
- Decision Support Advisor
- Senior Decision Support Advisor
- Health Systems Planning Advisor
We currently have a number of exciting roles available that focus on identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining an innovative response to the information needs of Vancouver Coastal Health. In any of these roles you will have the opportunity to work on key projects which may include:
Clinical & Systems Transformation - CST - (CERNER implementation)
- One of the largest healthcare projects in British Columbia’s history, this is a joint undertaking between three health organizations to complete a large-scale clinical system implementation covering multiple sites and modules.
- Decision Support ensures ongoing reporting services at VCH by successfully delivering the Data Analytics component of the project.
Clinical & Systems Transformation Community
- Implementation of analytics reporting and business intelligence in the community sector utilizing information from the PARIS information system.
- Ongoing projects related to the data warehouse including building technical infrastructure such as ETL routines, data quality frameworks/processes, data repositories, OLAP cubes and data visualizations.
- Support of operational improvements through the use of advanced analytics, complex modeling & planning/ forecasting and evaluation techniques.
- Projects span the healthcare continuum from primary care to surgery and focus on providing information and insight in support of the implementation of our True North strategy.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Master’s Degree in Health Informatics, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Health or Business Administration, Computer Science/Engineering, Operations Research or related discipline.
- LEAN and project management skills are an asset
- Good understanding of database technologies including T-SQL and different reporting tools
- Proficiency or ability to quickly learn desktop analytical tools
- Basic understanding of clinical systems and operations at a regional and hospital level
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and project level
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently
To learn more about what it's like to work in Decision Support with VCH please visit Decision Support at VCH
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 102369-ale.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***