|Job Title: ||Executive Assistant to the Vice President|
|Work Site: ||VCH Corporate Offices - West Broadway|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
Reporting to the Vice President, the Executive Assistant provides confidential administrative and secretarial support to a member of the Vancouver Coastal Health Senior Executive Team (SET). Triages information of a sensitive and confidential nature, coordinates the flow of information for the area, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of administrative services, and keeps the SET member apprised of issues and activities. Interacts with SET members, senior leaders, managers/directors and administrative support staff across the organization to convey information and promotes positive and respectful relationships. Professionally represents the interests of the VP and organization and communicates in a compelling manner to influence and persuade internal and external stakeholders/customers at all levels. Works independently and pro-actively to ensure administrative needs of the SET member are met. May coordinate and provide work direction to other departmental administrative and clerical support staff.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Graduation from a recognized administrative assistant/secretarial post-secondary Diploma program plus five to seven (5-7) years of experience supporting senior executive(s).
- Must have advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, desktop publishing, and database software skills and the ability to type a minimum of 60 w.p.m.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Exercises considerable judgment, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Liaises in a professional and courteous manner with SET members, senior leaders, managers/directors, staff and the public to gather and disseminate information.
- Communicates in a compelling, clear and understandable manner (both verbally and in writing) and uses strong persuasion abilities to represent the needs of the SET member and organization.
- Applies excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Practices care and thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
- Collaborates with peers and/or provides leadership and direction to clerical staff to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness. Ensures gaps are addressed and resolved when identified.
- Employs expertise in the use of desktop computer applications to create a variety of documents and presentations.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 102334-ale.
- This Role Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.