|Job Title: ||Project Coordinator - Overdose Emergency Response|
|Work Site: ||Office of the Chief Medical Health Officer|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - until March 2019|
Reporting to the respective Project Sponsor and Project Manager, you'll provide analytical expertise in the financial and technical review, evaluation and maintenance of the project documentation, project management tools and executive reports for their specific Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) projects, allowing for effective risk management.
In order to do this effectively, you will:
- Perform analysis on and documentation of the project(s) to provide validation to ensure organization-wide and departmental objectives are met.
- Ensure that stakeholders (internal and external) maintain a supportive and mutually beneficial working relationship.
- Work in collaboration with both the project team and the end-user department(s) on capital and operational projects.
- Gather information, evaluate interdependencies and their associated risk to project(s) and the organization through interaction with external consultants and the other health authorities.
Key Accountabilities for this role include:
- Identifying and understanding key issues relating to the respective project(s) through review and assessment of project team documentation.
- Under guidance from the department, assessing financial risks and implications associated with each project separately and as a collective and, when necessary, carrying out due diligence assessments and reporting findings to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Conducting data analysis by utilizing a variety of data manipulation and management techniques and conducting statistical and financial analysis by compiling information, analyzing and interpreting the data and reporting on the findings.
- Depending on the size and scope of the respective project(s), may manage one or two Project Administrators.
- Responding to ad hoc requests for information and analysis by researching and gathering information required, manipulating database fields, preparing spreadsheets, tables, charts, graphs, reports and presentations as required to summarize information.
- Providing administrative support for the respective project(s) and their key stakeholders as required, including meeting coordination, timekeeping, budget reporting and facility move coordination
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or in a field related to the specific project(s), supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years’ recent, related financial analysis and planning experience in a large, complex service organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in three distinct areas must be exhibited:
- financial analysis;
- project planning/management; and,
- technical expertise relating to the specific project(s).
- Comprehensive technical expertise, project/process management, financial analytical skills and business acumen.
- Ability to effectively and accurately respond to the needs of stakeholders
- A strong understanding and awareness of the impact of decisions and actions on the organization and various stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as facilitation skills to work effectively in a team setting and with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to identify issues, and to develop and analyze solutions to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current advanced word processing, graphics presentation, and spreadsheet computer applications to prepare reports and presentations.
- Results-oriented approach to work within a high-pressure environment delivering to numerous critical timelines.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 102184-tbo.
- The duration of this temporary position is until approximately March 2019.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.