|Job Title: ||Porter|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Casual (0 FTE) - Please note your availability on your resume|
|Start Date: ||ASAP|
|Salary: ||$21.26 - $21.26 per hour|
Within the context of a client and family centered care model and under general supervision, you will transport clients of all ages with a wide variety and complexity of illness and injury, including deceased clients, between various areas within the hospital.
In this role, your duties will include:
- Transporting/escorting clients to and from required areas using stretchers, wheelchairs and beds and assisting nursing and technical staff with the lifting and transferring of clients, as required.
- Maintaining supplies for designated areas, and cleaning equipment and storage areas as required.
- Picking up and delivering equipment, supplies, specimens, blood products and other items as assigned and operating a fax machine and/or photocopier as required.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 plus one year’s recent, related experience in an acute care environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and recent, related experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.