|Job Title: ||Business Support Analyst- Mental Health & Addictions - CST|
|Work Site: ||CST - 590 W. 8th|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Reporting to the designated Manager/Director, the Business Support Analyst is an integral member of the team providing guidance to senior staff to determine requirements for new health informatics initiatives, including performance measurement and reporting, and program development. Through knowledge of the health system, the Business Support Analyst documents and analyzes processes, gathers requirements, performs best practice reviews, gathers data to support, prioritize and align business case development and requests, and performs current state assessments and gap analysis on initiatives. This role is focused on project planning and scheduling. The Business Support Analyst liaises with a broad spectrum of clinical, IT and business stakeholders and leaders to assist in translating technical issues into a single, shared and realistic vision.
- Liaises with stakeholders to understand project structures, policies, workflows, requirements and operations to identify, model and document business, process, and data requirements
- Acts as an advisor to the team(s) by assessing project risks, identifying risk mitigation strategies and opportunities and monitoring risk throughout the life cycle of the project. Recommends solutions to achieve goals and outcomes.
- Translates technical issues and architectural complexities in a manner that assists project stakeholders in understanding issues more clearly.
- Provides project management support to coordinate and monitor the project and key deliverables.
- Interacts with stakeholders at all levels, receives input, and prepares reports for all levels of governance and stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Clinical Informatics or related discipline, plus a minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related experience in health care or information management.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Superior analytical skills , documentation, workflows, including the ability to comprehend, analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience in Dynamic Scheduling an asset
- Experience in project management is an asset
- Highly developed business writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to document work appropriately and present information in concise meaningful ways.
- Knowledge of project structures; business case development; documentation of workflows; health care setting and analytical tools.
- Demonstrable skills planning scope, handling change requests, impacts, and tracking tasks, actions, risks, issues and impacts.
- Resourceful; well-organized; systematic analysis; strategic thinking; critical thinking; attention to detail; leadership and management skills.
- Technical writing experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of information technology applications and outcomes achieved through new platforms
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and initiative, deal with frequent changes; make decisions for a wide variety of complex business matters.
- Demonstrated ability to use database, spreadsheet and word processing software at an advanced level.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 101715-kco.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.