|Job Title: ||Administrative Assistant, Medical Affairs|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital - 12th & Oak|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
Reporting to the Executive Assistant to the Senior Medical Director, the position provides administrative and confidential secretarial support for medical affairs, client relations and risk management services. The position interfaces with senior management staff and physicians as well as patients in the course of performing duties including assisting with handling confidential complaints from patients or staff members and coordinating medical staff meetings. The primary focus is on preparing confidential correspondence and memos and coordinating the flow of information to team members and senior management. The position is also responsible for maintaining related databases ensuring information is available throughout Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). Primary working relationships are with medical affairs, client relations and risk management staff, senior leadership team members, legal counsel, and the President of the Medical, Dental and Allied Health organization.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Graduation from a recognized administrative assistant/secretarial post-secondary program plus three (3) years’ of senior administrative support experience.
- Must have advanced word-processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software skills and the ability to type a minimum of 60 w.p.m.
- Exercises considerable judgment, tact and discretion and preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Works well independently and is self-directed.
- Liaises in a professional and courteous manner with managers/directors, staff and the public to gather and disseminate information.
- Communicates in a compelling, clear and understandable manner (both verbally and in writing) in order to represent the team’s interests with various stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Applies excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Practices care and thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
- Collaborates with peers to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness and that gaps are addressed and resolved when identified.
- Employs expertise in the use of current computer applications to create a variety of documents and presentations.
- You question actions inconsistent with our values.
- You treat people with fairness and respect independent of their status or disagreement with you.
- You inspire others with your thirst for excellence.
- You create an environment where people can flourish and grow.
- You seek what is best for the health system, rather than the best for yourself or your group.
Courage to Innovate:
- You challenge the status quo to improve quality and sustainability.
- You take smart risks and make tough decisions without agonizing.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 101216-kco.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.