|Job Title: ||Regional Practice Initiatives Lead - Residential Practice|
|Work Site: ||520 West 6th|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
Reporting to the Professional Practice Director Residential Care, the Regional Practice Initiatives Lead is responsible for promoting excellence and advancing autonomous professional practice relevant to the strategic direction of the organization. Working in close collaboration with the Community of Care (CoC) practice teams and other relevant internal/external stakeholders, the incumbent guides the application and standardization of practice standards, regulations and best practices within the organization. Provides leadership and expert consultative advice on scope of practice, clinical informatics, resource planning and research to enhance the practice environments and achieve effective and efficient quality of care.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Degree in Occupational Therapy, Master’s degree preferred, supplemented with three (3) year’s recent, related experience in a complex health care environment including clinical leadership, clinical informatics, program planning, education, facilitation and project leadership or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current active registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of BC (COTBC).
- Membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT) an asset
- Understands available resources for practice and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides knowledgeable input into the planning and resources allocation for Service(s)/Program(s) within VCH.
- Demonstrated Clinical Informatics experience.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of practice issues.
- Keeps informed about evolving tends and practices, shares knowledge and supports Nurses and Allied Health staff to integrate evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
- Fosters collaborative and effective working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Extensive experience/base in clinical practice document/protocol development and implementation.
- Extensive understanding of Health Professions Act.
- You question actions inconsistent with our values.
- You treat people with fairness and respect independent of their status or disagreement with you.
- You inspire others with your thirst for excellence.
- You create an environment where people can flourish and grow.
- You seek what is best for the health system, rather than the best for yourself or your group.
Courage to Innovate:
- You challenge the status quo to improve quality and sustainability.
- You take smart risks and make tough decisions without agonizing.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 101145-tbo.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.