|Job Title: ||Clinical Resources/Educator Nurse|
|Work Site: ||Kitsilano Mental Health Team |
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date:||As Soon As Possible |
|Salary: ||$39.16 - $48.00 per hour|
|Hours: ||Monday to Friday 0830-1700 with one-hour lunch 1200 to 1300|
RECOVERY RESPECT RESILIENCE
VANCOUVER COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES IS COMMITTED TO COLLABORATING WITH CONSUMERS AND FAMILIES TO BUILD ON STRENGTHS, TALENTS AND INTERESTS IN ORDER TO FOSTER A COMMUNITY OF HOPE, GROWTH AND SELF-DETERMINATION.
Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) or the College of Psychiatric Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CPRNBC) as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of the organization. Assesses team learning needs by observing care provision and other activities; provides consultation and education to nursing staff, team members and students using advanced theory and knowledge of content area and teaching and learning principles/processes; evaluates the effectiveness and appropriateness of educational programs, activities and resources. Consults, confers, and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research. Assists the Director with related administrative activities.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate in Nursing with three (3) years’ recent related nursing experience in mental health and/or residential care education, as appropriate to the job, including one year’s related teaching experience and or group facilitation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) or with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia (CRPNBC).
- Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle. Valid BC Drivers License.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness, as applicable to the job.
- Knowledge of gerontology and geriatric psychiatry and nursing standards of the Canadian Gerontological Nursing Association and current practices in residiential care, as applicable to the job.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client and family centered model of care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based nursing practice related to designated clinical area.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in patient/client care.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgment in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of patient/client care.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set priorities for care for a caseload of clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to use research and methodology in practice.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, work direction and consultation.
- Demonstrated skill in facilitating groups that include professionals/patient/clients and or patient/clients/family members.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, coach and facilitate.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, negotiate and deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting physical, mental, psychosocial/functional environmental assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use computerized patient/client care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.