|Job Title: ||Detox Worker|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver Detox|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$21.53 - $23.35 per hour|
|Hours: ||0700-1915, 1900-0715|
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the Detox Worker provides assessment, monitoring and referral of chemically dependent adults and youth at the Detox Centre, and provides care and supervision to intoxicated individuals in a police holding unit.
- Graduation from a recognized Health Care Worker educational program
- Two years' related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practices related to the assessment and care of chemically dependent adults and youth.
- Proven counseling skills.
- Ability to assess, supervise and monitor chemically dependent adults and youth.
- Ability to present educational materials and lead discussion groups related to substance abuse.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to work independently with minimal direction, to take initiative, to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with the public and other employees, to deal tactfully and effectively with co-workers, public and staff from other agencies, to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.