Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title:||Registered Nurse - Neonatal ICU - Possible Training Opportunity|
|Work Site:||Richmond Hospital|
|Status:||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date:||September 04, 2018|
|Salary:||$32.94 - $43.24 per hour|
|Hours:||0715-1930 / 1915-0730|
Possible Training Opportunity - Should there be insufficient qualified candidates available for the above position, VCH may fund post-basic training education.
** A cover letter and resume are required to apply for this specialty training opportunity.
Eligibility for the post-basic training education is restricted to applicants with a minimum of 2 years’ recent acute medical/surgical experience. Preference to applicants with high acuity training and/or experience. Applicants must successfully complete the post-basic training education prior to working in the Department.
The post-basic training education program requires full time attendance. Funding will consist of 100% of wages, tuition and books during the full-time training program.
Within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) standards of professional practice, Code of Ethics, and the established vision and values of the organization, works in collaboration with other members of the health care team, to use appropriate clinical judgment to provide optimal neonatal care to patients and their families. This includes assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and appropriate documentation of care for assigned patients in Special Care Nursery. Is knowledgeable of and adheres to standards of professional nursing and patient care practice in accordance with Health Authority policies and procedures.
Education & Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care and to respond appropriately.
• Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of outside agencies.
• Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
• Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
• Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
• Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
• Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.