|Job Title: ||Medical Radiation Technologist 3, Magnetic Resonance Imaging|
|Work Site: ||UBC Hospital|
|Status: ||Casual |
|Start Date: ||ASAP|
|Salary: ||$30.26 - $37.71 per hour|
|Hours: ||0700-1500/0730-1730/0800-1800/0900-1900/1000-2000/1400-0000/1500-2300 or as operationally required|
Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of the department across the Lower Mainland Integration (LMI) health authorities (Fraser Health Authority, Providence Health Care, Provincial Health Services Authority, and Vancouver Coastal Health). Performs special procedure examinations in MRI in accordance with departmental policy and procedures, observing safe radiation protection practices. Duties include receiving and completing requisitions, entering relevant data into the radiology information system, preparing examination trays and patients for specific procedures, operating computerized imaging equipment including processing and archiving of acquired data, monitoring patient during procedures, and monitoring equipment performance.
Education & Experience
- Current Certification with the CAMRT. Possession of Registration in Magnetic Resonance
- Completion of an Intravenous Therapy training course.
- Positions located at BC Children’s Hospital require a minimum of two (2) years’ recent, related pediatric experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by the CAMRT and/or other relevant national professional associations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
- Comprehensive knowledge of organization policies, procedures, and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
- Broad knowledge of current General Radiography and MRI theory and practices within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with medical imaging equipment.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Broad knowledge of PACS/radiology information systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Demonstrated ability to develop procedure protocols and manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated skill in MRI techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills with current computer applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
This casual posting includes research scanning with UBC MRI Research Centre as well as clinical setting with UBC Hospital.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.