|Job Title: ||Occupational Therapist|
|Work Site: ||Various locations at Vancouver Coastal Health|
|Status: ||Regular, Part Time and Casual jobs available|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||please see applicable posting|
|Hours: ||Various Hours|
Provide occupational therapy services to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes, by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
Performs assessments on client’s occupational performance utilizing an evidence-based approach, plans and implements outcome oriented services, evaluates the effectiveness of the services, prepares and maintains records, participates in interdisciplinary research, demonstrates safe and effective resource utilization and quality management, and contributes to the development, review and promotion of occupational therapy services.
As required, contributes to the organization and delivery of occupational therapy services, and participates in departmental/program quality improvement initiatives, meetings, research and education.
Education & Experience:
- Baccalaureate in Occupational Therapy or Rehabilitation Sciences from a recognized program.
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT).
- New grads welcome to apply!
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Occupational Therapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the COTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area(s).
- Basic knowledge of occupational therapy standardised tests and measures.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Demonstrated skill in Occupational Therapy techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please highlight on your resume/cover letter your preferred location, hours and the setting you would like to work in!
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.