|Job Title: ||CST Learning Facilitator/Instructor (Medical Radiation Technologist)|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As Soon as Possible|
|Salary: ||$30.26 - $37.71 per hour|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
In this role you will:
- Provide clinical information system (CIS) education and instruction including individual and group learning opportunities in support of the implementation of CST.
- Adapt, implement and evaluate education programs and resources using specialized theory and knowledge of generalized and specialized clinical or non-clinical practice as applicable, as well as teaching and learning principles and processes.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with educators and clinical / non-clinical program and team members in promotion of continuous quality improvement, resolution of education issues and coordination of activities required for progressive educational and clinical practice programs.
- Take corrective action with respect to individual and group learning needs, escalate issues as necessary and communicate progress with team and Manager.
Education & Experience:
- Current Certification with the CAMRT.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ recent, related Medical Imaging/Nuclear Medicine Technologist experience, supplemented with teaching experience and/or group facilitation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver's License as local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
- Travel outside of existing geographic area and/or overnight travel may be required, and will be compensated in accordance with applicable collective agreement language.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Medical Imaging Information Systems.
- Broad knowledge of Medical Imaging/Nuclear Medicine workflow, procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of organization’s policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate, engage and lead in a classroom setting.
- Demonstrated adult education delivery experience.
- Demonstrated experience with learner assessment and providing feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a creative learning environment.
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with current computer applications and equipment as well as ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking in approach to teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to develop educational materials.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, either one-on-one and/or in-groups, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Strong organizational and time management skills as well as demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.