|Job Title: ||CST Executive Assistant|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - 590 W. 8th|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
Reporting to the Chief Transformation Officer and Chief Medical Information Officer, Clinical Systems and Transformation (CST), the Executive Assistant provides confidential administrative and secretarial support. Triages information of a sensitive and confidential nature, coordinates the flow of information ensuring accurate and timely delivery of administrative services and keeps the Chief Transformation Lead/Chief Medical Information Officer apprised of issues and activities. Prepares for and attends assigned meetings, including governance meetings, tracks follow-up on action steps, and escalates any issues/ concerns. Interacts with SET members, Ministry of Health, senior leaders, managers/directors and administrative support staff across the organizations to convey information and promote positive and respectful relationships. Works independently and proactively to ensure administrative needs of the senior team are met. Professionally represents the interests of the CST Project and organizations and communicates in a compelling manner to influence and persuade internal and external stakeholders/customers at all levels. May have a matrix reporting relationship to the Administrative Services Lead.
Qualifications & Expertise:
- Graduation from a recognized administrative assistant/secretarial post-secondary Diploma program plus five to seven (5-7) years of experience supporting senior executive(s).
- Must have advanced word processing, spreadsheet, minute taking, presentation, desktop publishing, and database software skills and the ability to type a minimum of 60 w.p.m.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Exercises considerable judgment, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Liaises in a professional and courteous manner with SET members, senior leaders, managers/directors, staff and the public to gather and disseminate information.
- Communicates in a compelling, clear and understandable manner (both verbally and in writing) and uses strong persuasion abilities to represent the needs of the SET member and organization.
- Applies excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Practices care and thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
- Collaborates with peers and/or provides leadership and direction to clerical staff to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness. Ensures gaps are addressed and resolved when identified.
- Employs expertise in the use of various current computer applications to create a variety of documents and presentations.
- Extensive experience in documenting minutes in the computer during the meetings.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 099186-ale.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.