|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse - Emergency - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - until April 30, 2018 based on project timeline|
|Start Date: ||JAN 08, 2018|
|Salary: ||$32.94 - $43.24 per hour|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting project that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations. We are looking for Nurses to join us for the first phase of implementation at VCH sites including Lions Gate Hospital and the Sea-to-Sky Corridor.
In these roles you will be trained to serve as peer mentors to front-line clinicians on the new Cerner clinical information system as well as providing coverage to enable unit staff to attend training for the new system.You’ll be part of the first group to learn and use the new system and be able to share your knowledge and expertise with your colleagues before implementation at your own sites!
Work with PHSA or PHC? - Join the project without giving up your seniority or benefits!
As part of this joint undertaking, PHSA and PHC employees will be able to sign up to the secondment registry to be considered for these roles. If you are selected, you will maintain your current position, seniority and benefits but be able to work with CST! Learn more and register on our CST Secondment Website by clicking this link CST Secondment Registry
In this role you will:
- Practice in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) as well as within a client and family centered care model and the vision and values of the organization.
- Provide emergency nursing to clients of all ages presenting with a wide variety of symptoms within an uncontrolled environment, and to unique client populations such as victims of sexual assault.
- As triage nurse, assess client needs and prioritize care requirements, often with limited information.
- As member of emergency response team, stabilize and resuscitate multi-trauma victims, and prepare for and respond to disaster situations.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care giver.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a recognized advanced program in Emergency Care Nursing or two (2) years’ recent, related Emergency Nursing experience.
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centered model of care.
- Broad knowledge of CRNBC's standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in interviewing and assessment skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability in the management of trauma in an emergency setting.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skill in techniques appropriate to emergency care nursing.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- This is a TFT position to provide CST workload relief.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.