|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse - Operating Rooms - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||Lions Gate Hospital - NS|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - until April 30, 2018 based on project timeline|
|Start Date: ||JAN 08, 2018|
|Salary: ||$32.94 - $43.24 per hour|
|Hours: ||0730-1530/0730-1800/1500-2300/2300-0700 + on call|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting project that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations. We are looking for Nurses to join us for the first phase of implementation at VCH sites including Lions Gate Hospital and the Sea-to-Sky Corridor.
In these roles you will be trained to serve as peer mentors to front-line clinicians on the new Cerner clinical information system as well as providing coverage to enable unit staff to attend training for the new system.You’ll be part of the first group to learn and use the new system and be able to share your knowledge and expertise with your colleagues before implementation at your own sites!
Work with PHSA or PHC? - Join the project without giving up your seniority or benefits!
As part of this joint undertaking, PHSA and PHC employees will be able to sign up to the secondment registry to be considered for these roles. If you are selected, you will maintain your current position, seniority and benefits but be able to work with CST! Learn more and register on our CST Secondment Website by clicking this link CST Secondment Registry
In this role, you will:
- Practice in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Practice within a patient and family centred care model and the vision and values of the organization.
- Provide nursing services in an operating room environment as a member of an integrated surgical team performing varied and complex surgical interventions.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other members of the surgical team.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice approach in nursing practice and patient care.
- Maintain and advance own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Completion of a recognized advanced nursing specialty program in operating room nursing, or two years’ recent, related experience in an acute care operating room environment.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a patient/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of CRNBC's standards for nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of perioperative nursing techniques, standards, instrumentation, supply and equipment requirements for a wide variety of surgical procedures.
- Broad knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Broad knowledge of pharmacology, and patient physiological responses related to anesthesia.
- Demonstrated ability to practice nursing in an operating room environment of an acute care teaching hospital.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and demonstrated ability in applying aseptic technique.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as an integral member of an operating room team.
- Demonstrated ability to continually assess patient condition during surgery and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and non-verbally.
- Demonstrated ability deal effectively with, patients and their families, co-workers, physicians, and other health care personnel.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in the assembly and operation of operating room equipment.
- Basic computer literacy and knowledge of operating room computerized patient care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- This is a TFT position to provide CST workload relief
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.