|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse - Cardiac Care - CST Project |
|Work Site: ||Lions Gate Hospital |
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - until April 30, 2018 based on project timeline|
|Start Date: ||JAN 08, 2018|
|Salary: ||$32.94 - $43.24 per hour|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting project that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations. We are looking for Nurses to join us for the first phase of implementation at VCH sites including Lions Gate Hospital and the Sea-to-Sky Corridor.
In these roles you will be trained to serve as peer mentors to front-line clinicians on the new Cerner clinical information system as well as providing coverage to enable unit staff to attend training for the new system.You’ll be part of the first group to learn and use the new system and be able to share your knowledge and expertise with your colleagues before implementation at your own sites!
Work with PHSA or PHC? - Join the project without giving up your seniority or benefits!
As part of this joint undertaking, PHSA and PHC employees will be able to sign up to the secondment registry to be considered for these roles. If you are selected, you will maintain your current position, seniority and benefits but be able to work with CST! Learn more and register on our CST Secondment Website by clicking this link CST Secondment Registry
In this role you will:
- Provide nursing care to cardiac patients with unpredictable outcomes and provides care to patients presenting with a wide variety of symptoms/illnesses by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice. Maintains and advances clinical competence. Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
- Practice in accordance with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) standards (professional & practice) and code of ethics.
- Practice within the scope of practice as set by the organization, as per VCH policies and guidelines/clinical practice documents and within own competence. This practice is aligned with the vision, mission, goals and values of the organization as well as with the concept of a client and family centered care model.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Completion of a recognized telemetry course plus recent, related experience in cardiac care nursing.
Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a patient/family centred model of care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the indications, actions, reactions, routes, dosages and side effects of drugs used in a cardiac care environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing problems commonly encountered in cardiac care environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the physiological and behavioural aspects of complex critical illnesses.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice to assess and manage critical and/or emergency and life-threatening situations.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to sudden emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, patients and their families, co-workers, physicians, and other health care staff.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing accurately, concisely and clearly.
- Demonstrated ability to teach patients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skill in techniques appropriate to cardiac care nursing.
- Skill in the use of cardiac care monitoring and support equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- This is a TFT position to provide CST workload relief.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.