|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse - Endoscopy - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - until April 30, 2018 based on project timeline|
|Start Date: ||JAN 08, 2018|
|Salary: ||$32.94 - $43.24 per hour|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting project that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations. We are looking for Nurses to join us for the first phase of implementation at VCH sites including Lions Gate Hospital and the Sea-to-Sky Corridor.
In these roles you will be trained to serve as peer mentors to front-line clinicians on the new Cerner clinical information system as well as providing coverage to enable unit staff to attend training for the new system.You’ll be part of the first group to learn and use the new system and be able to share your knowledge and expertise with your colleagues before implementation at your own sites!
Work with PHSA or PHC? - Join the project without giving up your seniority or benefits!
As part of this joint undertaking, PHSA and PHC employees will be able to sign up to the secondment registry to be considered for these roles. If you are selected, you will maintain your current position, seniority and benefits but be able to work with CST! Learn more and register on our CST Secondment Website by clicking this link CST Secondment Registry
Within the context of a client and family centered care model, and in accordance with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) standards of practice, Codes of Ethics, and the established mission, vision, values, objectives, and policies of the organization, you will:
- Provide nursing services within endoscopy clinics to ambulatory clients requiring diagnostic endoscopic procedures and to critically ill clients requiring therapeutic endoscopic procedures, both by working independently and as a member of an integrated care team.
- Assist the physician during procedure and performs direct nursing care as appropriate to ensure the comfort and safety of clients undergoing procedures.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Prepare for and respond to fluctuating workloads, unexpected critical situations, and the requirement to be on-call as required.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers as well as with other endoscopy clinic team members.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Current practicing registration with the CRNBC.
- Two (2) years recent, related endoscopy or critical care RN experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of CRNBC’s standards for nursing practice.
- Broad knowledge of Gastrointestinal (GI) anatomy and physiology.
- Broad knowledge of pharmacology, and client physiological reactions, related to conscious sedation.
- Broad knowledge of nursing problems commonly encountered in an endoscopy environment.
- Demonstrated ability in the initiation and management of IV therapy and administration of IV medications.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to sudden emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses during procedure and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, and other health care workers.
- Demonstrated skill in procedural sedation and analgesia.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of and set up of endoscopy equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload in a fast paced, high volume procedure environment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- This is a TFT position to provide CST workload relief.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.