|Job Title: ||Business Support Analyst - Medical Imaging - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Reporting to the designated Manager, the Business Support Analyst is an integral member of the team providing guidance to senior staff to determine requirements for new health informatics initiatives, including performance measurement and reporting, and program development.
Through knowledge of the health system, you'll document and analyze processes, gather requirements, perform best practice reviews, gather data to support, prioritize and align business case development and requests, and perform current state assessments and gap analysis on initiatives.
The Business Support Analyst liaises with a broad spectrum of clinical, IT and business stakeholders and leaders to assist in translating technical issues into a single, shared and realistic vision.
- Liaising with stakeholders to understand project structures, policies, workflows, requirements and operations to identify, model and document business, process, and data requirements
- Assessing project risks, identifying risk mitigation strategies and opportunities and monitoring risk throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Supporting testing, the development of implementation materials and process definition and design.
- Translating technical issues and architectural complexities in a manner that assists project stakeholders in understanding issues more clearly.
- Working with project stakeholders to test and validate requirements and analysis models by various methods such as reviews, walkthroughs, etc. as appropriate. May assist in writing user acceptance test cases and liaise between project stakeholders and testing groups.
- Providing project management support to coordinate and monitor the project and key deliverables.
- Interacting with stakeholders at all levels, receives input, and prepares reports for all levels of governance and stakeholders.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Clinical Informatics or related discipline, plus a minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related experience in health care or information management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Superior analytical skills , documentation, workflows, including the ability to comprehend, analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Highly developed business writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to document work appropriately.
- Knowledge of project structures; business case development; documentation of workflows; health care setting and analytical tools.
- Demonstrable skills handling change requests, impacts, and tracking tasks, actions, risks, issues and impacts.
- Resourceful; well-organized; systematic analysis; strategic thinking; critical thinking; attention to detail; leadership and management skills.
- Technical writing experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of information technology applications and outcomes achieved through new platforms
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and initiative, deal with frequent changes; make decisions for a wide variety of complex business matters.
- Demonstrated ability to use database, spreadsheet and word processing software at an advanced level.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 099078-ale.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.