|Job Title: ||Senior Learning Specialist, Maternity - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Reporting to the Curriculum Development Lead of the CST Project, the Senior Learning Specialist is an innovator, knowledge translator, facilitator and change agent accountable and responsible for leading the development of technical/complex training and innovative educational programs/projects.
This role will specialize in maternity learning programs and curriculum design.
Want to know what you'll do on the job? You will:
- Collaborate with Clinical Informatics Leads, physician champions, subject matter experts and leadership to plan, develop, design, evaluate and validate CST/Cerner specialized education programs for designated areas to meet enterprise-wide learning needs of all impacted multidisciplinary staff/providers across the three health organizations.
- Ensure educational programming meets all applicable clinical, organizational and regulatory requirements and policies, and utilizes the most effective delivery methods including but not limited to interactive, and innovative multi-media options.
- Monitor and track project progress according to the educational project plans and makes recommendations to the Manager and Director on changes required to facilitate a successful outcome regarding major barriers encountered.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Education or in a relevant field.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in a complex health environment, including progressive education delivery and education program planning.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement will be paid.
- As this role specializes in maternity learning programs and curriculum design, experience with maternity programs is required
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in educational theory, research, technology and related best practices as well as an understanding of health care disciplines and networking abilities to support enhanced educational practices.
- Familiarity with best practices in adult learning and education content design. (e.g., Blended learning strategies such as online curriculum design, videos, interactive education delivery, and principles of gamification).
- Superior group facilitation, team building, negotiating, conflict resolution skills and an interactive teaching style to engage learners with a variety of different learning styles and facilitate critical thinking and problem resolution.
- Creativity and innovation in strategic planning involving learning and development and in the development of teaching and learning strategies.
- Superior written and verbal communication abilities and proficient computer skills in the design and composition of creative high quality, interactive learning materials.
- Advanced computer literacy including the flexibility to work with various work related software programs including Microsoft Office (word processing, databases, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, etc), Outlook, Internet, etc. Familiarity and comfort using social media for educational purposes.
- Superior process design and project management abilities applied in the design and development of learning and development initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation, direction and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated analysis, problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Experience with surgical workflows and curriculum development for surgical educational programming is an asset
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 098693-ale.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.