|Job Title: ||Patient Services Manager - UBCH Urgent Care Centre, Sleep Disorder Centre, and Centre for Brain Health|
|Work Site: ||UBC Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
Reporting to the Director, and in co-management with the Medical Manager(s), you'll be accountable for the effective and efficient functioning of the UBC Hospital Urgent Care Centre, Sleep Disorder Centre, and Centre for Brain Health.
Co-responsible for providing leadership and direction for the operations management, utilization and risk management, and quality improvement of the units, you'll play a critical role in linking your portfolio with community health services to address the ongoing issues/needs of clients and their families and to ensure a smooth transition from the acute care environment to appropriate community health services.
In addition to leading an inter-disciplinary team, you'll work with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centred care, education and research within a complex multi-site environment that extends to the community.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Communicating program/unit strategic direction incorporating VCH vision, values and strategic direction and ensures integration into practice by interdisciplinary team members.
- Defining an effective workforce plan for program/unit in collaboration with key partners and stakeholders that ensures the availability of adequate staff within the context of operational demands and environmental and resource constraints.
- Developing effective and efficient practices and processes to measure use of resources and the quality of care rendered within allocated budget.
- Collaborating in the development of the program/unit budget to complement strategic directions within existing fiscal constraints and using best utilization methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budget.
- Implementing effective performance management processes in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Ensuring clarification of roles, adherence to accreditation and practice standards, and safe delivery of care.
- Fostering partnerships and establishing systems that ensure effective discharge planning and seamless client flow throughout the continuum of care.
- Creates an environment of evidence-based practice that encourages participation in research, fosters personal growth and supports opportunities for teaching and education of students and staff.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses
- Seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- A committed ability to keep informed about evolving tends and practices, share knowledge and support staff to integrate innovation into the delivery of quality care/services.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs and ability to utilize a computerized patient care information system is required for this role.
- Strong ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate clinical programs considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Ability to understands available resources for program/unit and keep quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; providing feedback and detailed analysis on budget variances, and making recommendations for corrective action.
- Experience in facilitating, collaborating and negotiating for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Strong ability to develop and foster collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff.
- Ability to promote development of clinical research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 097879-ale.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.