|Job Title: ||Clinical Education Assistant - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time - Baseline (1.00 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||ASAP|
|Salary: ||$21.26 - $21.26 per hour|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
To learn more, please visit our website at www.cstproject.ca
This position provides support to Clinical Education programs including Undergraduate Nurse and New Grad programs as well as Perioperative education and other in-house educational programs and initiatives.
The successful candidate will:
- Administer the student placement program for the designated site(s), answer questions relating to clinical education programs and refer to appropriate team members as required.
- Receive on-line student placement requests and liaise with clinicians and educational institutions regarding placements, acting as a central point of contact for student placement issues and related processes, systems and procedures.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties including typing technical and non-technical material utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and database applications at an intermediate level (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), editing web page content utilizing and manipulating various software applications and maintaining on-line registration system and reference materials.
- Answers phones, provides information on clinical educational programs and refers calls to appropriate team members.
- Perform timekeeping functions as required.
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12, plus two years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 55 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply with a Cover Letter and Resume, quoting posting 097196-ale.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.