|Job Title:||Youth Care Worker - Carlile Centre|
|Work Site:||HOpe Centre, North Vancouver |
|Start Date:||As soon as possible |
|Salary:||$29.63 - $36.93 per hour|
|Hours:||0730 - 1930, 1500 - 2300|
Within the context of an innovative Mental Health and Addictions service, client centered care model and in accordance with the vision and values of the organization, the Youth Care Worker participates as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide treatment services to youth with serious mental health and substance use issues.
- Works with interdisciplinary team to assist in managing client behavior and developing a behavioral care plan. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to develop, implement, maintain and adjust treatment plans and assists clients to develop and achieve the goals outlined within their individualized treatment plan.
- Coordinates care using an trauma informed practice, harm reduction and a recovery oriented care approach.
- Co-facilitates psycho-educational groups and provides education according to theoretical models.
- Participates in the development of youth mental health, substance use and concurrent disorders prevention/early intervention strategies.
- Participates in case conferences/meetings with members of the interdisciplinary team for identification and management of youth mental health and substance use issues.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate Degree in Child and Youth Care (Specifically this degree)
- Three years (3) recent related experience working with youth experiencing significant mental health, substance use and/or concurrent disorder challenges in a youth specific setting or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- the principles of recovery in mental health and substance use.
- behavioural, social emotional and mental health/psychiatric problems in youth.
- Knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- mental health/substance use diagnosis and treatment.
- Ability to recognize signs and indicators of clients at risk of harm to self or others and knowledge of appropriate standards/processes as it relates to the rights and obligations of clients and staff.
- other facilities and community resources.
- other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- the normal growth and development of children/youth.
- work with youth with behavioural, social, emotional and mental health/substance use issues.
- apply knowledge of theory and practice to a care coordination process.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with youth and their families, educational personnel, resource workers, service providers, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- establish workload priorities.
- work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- adjust to new or unexpected events.
- problem solve.
- deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.