|Job Title: ||Painter|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$28.97 per hour|
|Hours: ||0730 - 1530|
The successful candidate will:
- Perform skilled painting work in the preparation of surfaces and the painting, stencilling and/or finishing of interior and exterior surfaces, furniture and fixtures using tools and equipment such as paint brushes, rollers, spray painting equipment (airless and compressed air), heat guns, paint tinting and shaker machines, putty knives, scrapers, chisels, stencils and sandpaper;
- Install and remove wall coverings and murals;
- Repair plaster/stucco, concrete, brick, tile and cement board, using tools such as chisels, jackhammers, concrete saws, trowels, putty knives, scrapers, ceramic tile cutters, hammers and levels.
Education & Experience
- Grade 10 plus two years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Certificate of Apprenticeship or Trades Qualification as a journeyman Painter and Decorator recognized by the Province of B.C.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.