|Job Title: ||Administrative Associate/Business Support|
|Work Site: ||Cedarview Lodge - NS|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$22.53 - $29.57 per hour|
Come work as a Administrative Associate/Business Support with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Administrative Associate/Business Support to join the Cedarview Lodge Residential Admin Team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Administrative Associate/Business Support with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide recruitment/hiring, staffing, human resources, administrative and systems support for the designated programs/site and in support of the Manager to assist in the achievement of effective client care.
- Act as a point of contact and liaises with Employee Engagement and other corporate areas to receive/convey information and represent the interests of the team.
- Provides support to team on hiring, human resources, financial and service related issues, policies and procedures.
- Complete and process human resources and payroll transactions on behalf of Director/Manager.
- Ensure consistent application of directives from Employee Engagement, Finance or other corporate service areas.
- Triage sensitive and confidential information; conducts research and analytical studies, produces high quality reports, correspondence and presentation materials; manages complex networks of contacts and meeting issues; and assists with project management.
- Provide guidance and work direction to clerical support staff. Advises manager of employee attendance problems.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a minimum two-year diploma program in business administration or a related field.
- Three (3) years of recent, related experience including one year’s related human resources, or finance experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources principles and practices and relevant collective agreements.
- Employs advanced expertise in the use of current computer applications including advanced word processing, graphics presentation, and spreadsheet computer applications to create and maintain a variety of databases, documents and reports.
- Exercises considerable judgment, tact, discretion and accuracy in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Demonstrates creativity, resourcefulness and an excellent customer service in a team setting.
- Communicates in a compelling, clear and understandable manner (both verbally and in writing) and uses strong persuasion abilities to represent needs of management team.
- Applies and explains policies and procedures and performs detailed analyses of complex reports.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills when providing direction, guidance and training to new and existing team members, ensuring clarity of roles and responsibilities, adherence to standards of quality and effective and timely service.
- Applies excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Employs expertise in the use of desktop computer applications and computer systems to record data, process transactions and complete a variety of documents and presentations.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.