|Job Title: ||Nurse Clinician/CRN (RN/RPN) - Mental Health/Psychiatry/Continuing Care |
|Work Site: ||Access and Assessment Center, Joseph & Rosalie Segal & Family Health Centre - Vancouver, BC |
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - Other Relief|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until January 2024|
|Salary: ||$43.09 - $52.82 per hour|
Days Off: Rotating; Four days on, four days off
Come work as a Nurse Clinician/CRN with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse OR a Registered Psychiatric Nurse to join the Access and Assessment Centre Team in Vancouver, BC as a Nurse Clinician. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nurse Clinician/CRN with VCH you will:
- Provide leadership and apply specialized theory and knowledge relating to designated/specific patient/client/resident populations to promote the delivery of safe, ethical and quality patient/client/resident and family care.
- Act as a clinical resource by providing consultation and clinical support to the interdisciplinary care team, other professionals and students.
- Conduct one-on-one and group education/counseling sessions and crisis intervention, as needed.
- Promote excellence in patient/client/resident centered care, education and research.
- Participate in direct patient/client/resident and family care, when required.
ABOUT THE ACCESS & ASSESSMENT CENTRE (AAC)
The AAC serves as a single point of access for mental health services for residents of Vancouver ages 17+. Services include urgent assessments, crisis intervention, outreach support and referral to Mental Health and Substance Use services. Open 7 days a week, 7:30 am to 11:00 pm, the AAC provides easily accessible care that eliminates the need for clients to navigate a complicated system or default to Hospital Emergency Departments for their mental health and substance use needs.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of post basic specialty nursing certificate/program if applicable and three (3) years' recent, related experience in the designated specialized clinical area, including experience in crisis intervention when applicable to the job, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle for local area travel may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- As applicable to the job, comprehensive knowledge of gerontology, end of life issues and the nursing standards of the Canadian Gerontological Nursing Association.
- As applicable to the job, comprehensive knowledge of mental disorders, addiction and concurrent disorders; the recovery model and principles of psychosocial rehabilitation.
- As applicable to the job, knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of relevant clinical practice standards/guidelines and care pathways.
- Knowledge of theories and systems of family dynamics.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient/client/resident care.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally on a one to one and group setting.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking skills in the approach to patient/client/resident care.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and support staff through transition.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a project or initiative.
- Demonstrated skill in the application of techniques appropriate to the assessment and treatment of designated patient/client/resident population utilizing best available evidence informed practice.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver educational programs and materials for staff/patients/clients/residents and families based on education theories, principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a supportive, creative learning environment and engage in continuous quality improvement.
- Knowledge of basic research, e.g. research ethics, research question, hypothesis and qualitative and quantitative data analyses methods.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system as well as applicable word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.