|Job Title: ||Occupational Therapist 2 - Access and Discharge Coordinator|
|Work Site: ||Tertiary Mental Health Regional Support, Goldcorp Centre for Mental Health - Vancouver, BC|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$37.24 - $46.39 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as an Access and Discharge Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the Tertiary Mental Health team at the Goldcorp Centre for Mental Health as an Access and Discharge Coordinator. Apply today to join our team!
As an Access and Discharge Coordinator with VCH you will:
- Be responsible for coordinating a centralized referral and access utilization system for Adult, Older Adult and Youth (aged 14 - 18) clients.
- Provide services for Youth, Adult and Older Adult Tertiary Mental Health & Addiction Services including services to the LGBT2S (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgendered, Two Spirited) youth population.
- Determine the effectiveness of access and discharge policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and maintain bed occupancy and wait list database and may be required to track Alternate Level of Care (ALC) service applicable for the designated program.
- Receive and review referrals for access to Tertiary Mental Health & Addiction services.
- Monitor referrals from acute mental health / addictions and medical sites.
- Provide consultation and guidance to mental health & addictions teams, acute sites, other referral sources, families and service users on the interpretation and application of policies relevant to eligibility and access to tertiary bed resources.
- Facilitate timely admissions to appropriate bed resources.
- Serve as a liaison between service providers and health care teams, participate in rounds, collect related data, participate on relevant working groups/committees, participate in quality improvement activities and promote awareness of mental health and/or addiction programs.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Two (2) years' recent, related experience with youth (14-18) and adult and general knowledge of older adult long term care facilities, tertiary services and/or mental health & addiction services, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Occupational Therapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the COTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Basic knowledge of occupational therapy standardised tests and measures.
- Comprehensive skill and expertise in working with youth and adult, with knowledge of older adult and long term care, related to tertiary, acute and community mental health and addiction services...
- Demonstrated ability to identify variances and implement strategies that lead to desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Thorough knowledge of issues in providing services to Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans and Two Spirit populations.
- Knowledge of barriers for the LGBT2S population to access mental health & addiction programs/services.
- Proven ability to effectively plan, implement and evaluate patient care outcomes.
- Knowledge of hospital and facilities policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate the development of critical thinking and clinical decision making skills in others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, physicians, and other health care staff, either one-on-one or in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, leader, and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability and skill to operate related equipment, and in techniques appropriate to assigned clinical area.
- Physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.