|Job Title: ||Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker|
|Work Site: ||Psychiatry In Patient, HOpe Center - North Vancouver, B.C.|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$26.93 per hour|
Days off: Various
Come work as a Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker with a Social Services Diploma OR a Certificate from a Health Care Worker program to join the team at the HOpe Center in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker at VCH, you will:
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary tertiary mental health team to provide comprehensive psychosocial rehabilitation services within a recovery framework.
- Support individuals in returning to the community through increasing functional skills and abilities, reducing the positive and negative symptoms of psychiatric illness, increasing coping strategies to mitigate treatment resistant psychiatric symptoms, minimizing challenging behaviours, increasing social interconnections and improving physical health and wellness.
- Provide a variety of day-to-day physical, emotional, and social supports, advocacy, life skills assistance and support to access resources to individuals with complex severe and persistent mental illnesses.
- Work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to assist in the development of individualized rehabilitative treatment plans.
- Contribute to the overall evaluation of the client.
- Observe and monitors clients’ progress, symptoms and behavioural changes and reports significant observations.
- Establishe, maintain and enhance therapeutic relationships based on respect.
- Promote independence for client while supporting them with activities of daily living such as personal care, including bathing, grooming, dressing, oral hygiene, toileting needs, perineal care and incontinence supply changes; community appointments/errands/activities; and meal planning and preparation.
- Assist in maintaining a safe environment for clients and the team.
- Participate in team meetings, engages in team planning and quality improvement activities, and maintains and updates own knowledge.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, Social Services Diploma, or Certificate from a recognized Health Care Worker educational program, such as Health Care Support Worker Certificate, Certificate in Community Mental Health, Human Service Worker Certificate or Addictions Worker Certificate, plus two (2) years’ experience working in a psychiatric setting with individuals who have complex mental health and addictions issues, or other qualifications determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work.
- Successful candidates may be required to successfully complete a Food Safe certification course if applicable to the designated program during their orientation/qualifying period in order to be deemed to have successfully passed their qualifying period.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize the work
- Ability to operate related equipment
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.