|Job Title: ||Team Leader 5 - Mental Health & Addictions|
|Work Site: ||Daytox Program, Robert & Lily Lee Family Community Health Center - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until November 2023|
|Salary: ||$41.37 - $51.72 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Mental Health & Substance Use Team Leader with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Mental Health and Substance Use Team Leader to join the Daytox Program Team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a MHSU Team Leader with VCH you will:
- Be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the delivery/daily activities of mental health and addiction services for the designated program.
- Supervises more than eight (8) and up to and including sixteen (16) Health Sciences Professional FTEs.
- Plans and implements therapeutic mental health programs/services for clients with complex mental health and addiction issues; ensures services provide a high standard of care and promotes interdisciplinary practice and collaboration.
- Evaluates services to ensure program/service needs are met and liaises with key stakeholders on the achievement of program goals and objectives.
- Provides leadership and supervision to community health nurses and allied health professionals.
- Utilizes human resources policies and procedures to recruit and select staff.
- Develops policies and procedures.
- Coordinates care and provides treatments for clients including group facilitation, planning and evaluation as applicable to program; conducts mental health and psychosocial assessments.
- Coordinates requests for vacation, education and leaves of absence.
Education & Experience
- Masters degree in Allied Health discipline from a recognized program.
- Five (5) years recent related experience providing mental health and addiction clinical services for designated program and/or group facilitation including three (3) years post masters supervisory leadership experience or equivalent.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Travel will require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of mental illness and addiction issues including current trends, best practices and modalities of treatment.
- Broad knowledge of mental health and addiction service delivery system, service mandates, referral guidelines, legislation and government policies.
- Broad knowledge of group treatment modalities as applicable.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mental health assessments, and to provide treatment planning and case coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, facilitate and evaluate group programs, as applicable.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team leader, motivator, coach/mentor, and team member within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to model and foster a positive, collaborative, and respectful team working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical and administrative supervision and consultation.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to facilitate team building and to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem solve, and deal effectively with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes open and direct communication and leads to a cooperative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, organize work, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with community partners and with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.