|Job Title: ||Regional Leader, Regional Programs|
|Work Site: ||Corporate Administration, 520 W 6th, Vancouver|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible to April 2024
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$47.39 - $68.12 per hour|
Come work as a Regional Leader, Regional Programs with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Regional Leader, Regional Programs to join the Regional Palliative-End of Life team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Regional Leader, Regional Programs with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Report jointly to the Regional Program Director and the Regional Program Medical Director, the Regional Leader is responsible for providing system-wide leadership in regional planning for the designated regional program(s) and related projects that will result in the enhanced quality of services, integration of services and clinical practice, improved patient/client satisfaction and cost-effective care for Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), Providence Health Care and partner organizations.
- Be responsibile for acting as the strategic liaison between key stakeholders across the continuum of care, leading others toward the achievement of provincial and VCH program goals through effectively communicating the organizational vision, coordinating resources, advancing priorities, and promoting collaboration and commitment.
- Support work groups and committees and is the key point person for achieving integration of findings/recommendations.
- Liase with Executive Sponsors, Regional Program leadership, Directors/Managers, Medical Staff, work group members, and committee members at all levels across the authority and in other partner organizations (e.g., other Health Authorities, the Ministry of Health and contract/affiliate agencies).
- Provide supervision, leadership, guidance, and support to designated staff as required.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Public Health Administration or other relevant discipline.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years’ recent, related experience in progressively responsible positions in a large, complex acute care organization including demonstrated ability to manage large-scale project(s), or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Proven skills as an effective manager in an interdisciplinary matrix reporting environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Broad knowledge of clinical theory and practice within a client centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of health care disciplines and their role in their respective health care environments.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems efficiently and resourcefully.
- Exceptional analytical skills and decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative, facilitation and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communication effectively verbally and in writing with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, budget and execute complex project(s) with stringent timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various word-processing, spreadsheet and database applications and to operate a computerized information software system.
- Knowledge of and experience working with LEAN methodologies preferred.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately April 2024.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.